By registering as home-user or trader, you agree to the following terms and conditions. Our services are solely to be used in the United Kingdom. You are not allowed to avail the services from another jurisdiction. Any member or user is responsible for compliance with the laws and regulations hereby applied.
- You are to be responsible and legally entitled for any information or jobs
you upload or post. All the projects you post must be genuine for tenders to be
invited for. You have an authority to assign one or more tradesmen which is
subject to complying with appropriate terms. Illegal projects are not to be
- You are responsible to select any trade suitable for your job in the list of
trades we have mentioned and to thereby negotiate the project on your terms by
the selected lead. We are not guaranteeing any trade’s accreditation,
information or registration. You ought to make your own inquiries about any
project and we do not give any warranty of any goods purchased or services
obtained through our service. You must not make any payments or engage a
tradesman in a trade without conducting such checks at your own risk. We,
however, hope that you will be satisfied by our rated tradesmen but we recommend
not even engaging a tradesman without confirming his/her relevant skills you
need for the job.
- If a tradesman agrees upon your proposed period of “warranty” which is a
unique feature we provide (check services page for more information on
warranty), the tradesman is to be liable to redo your job if any problem occurs
with the fixture or whatsoever during the warranty period. We are not part of
any deal regarding the warrantee feature; therefore, we are not liable for any
disagreements regarding this matter. A warranty is solely an agreement between
the tradesman and the homeowner.
- We are mere agents to let you meet the tradesperson/tradespeople you want
for your job which is why we are not a part of any contract made between you and
the tradesperson/tradespeople. Therefore, we are not liable for any damage or
loss whether consequential or inconsequential.
- Our “money back” scheme for sharing us with your friends (check services
page for more information on money-back) is subject to the selection decided by
our authorized committee. You cannot claim your money back at any time when
availing our services without us acknowledging you about the prize money. We
also hold the right to decide on how much percentage of the money which you
spent for the job is to be awarded back to you.
- We hold strict rules about the code of conduct and ethics when using our
services. Therefore, you must not post any abusive content or threaten a
homeowner or a tradesman in any way when posting jobs or availing our services
however. You must not upload any patent, copyright, trademark, corrupted files
etc. You are not allowed to impersonate any entity/person when using our
services. Tradesmen are also restricted to adhere to the general guidelines of
ethics until the job is completed; otherwise, we hold the right to take strong
disciplinary action against the trespasser.
- The ratings and all the information on our platform regarding homeowners or
tradesmen is provided by users and not by us. Therefore, we do not recommend or
endorse any third party service on our behalf anywhere on our website.
- We recommend you to use a proper firewall and anti-virus software to guard
your data and equipment from any malicious content. However, we will take all
steps to ensure no misuse of our system but we do not warrant any file or
content to be free of malicious code or viruses. Therefore, we are not
responsible for any damage or loss in this regard.
- Our services also encompass bulletin board services, discussion forums, chat
areas and other communities and communication facilities. Any inaccuracy of
information or disloyalty on these platforms is not our responsibility and you
must take care when relying on any link or material posted on these communities
at your own risk.
- Using the service or posting a job is free for homeowners; however, we
charge a membership fee for trades and a fee for providing quotes for any
- Once a tradesman has chosen a job, he/she must pay an amount to avail the
job, the amount for which is usually more or less 20% of the selected job and
Value added tax.
- The membership or job retention fee can be avoided to some percentage by
availing discounts and promotions which change time to time.
- We only accept payments by debit or credit card. We hold the right to
receive a validation of your debit or credit card details prior to allowing you
use our services.
- In lieu of failure of a payment, we reserve the right to require updated
details from you or to pay through an alternative method. We also hold the right
to temporarily suspend your account until we receive your payment. If your
outstanding amount is not paid within the period of a month, we may withhold
your membership or instruct a solicitor or debt recovery agent. In this case,
you may also be entitled for statutory late fees and an interest of 8% of the
amount due on you per annum on the Bank of England Base Rate in the light of
Commercial Debts Act of 1998.
- there's no automatic termination of a membership plan - so if you don’t get
in touch with us, your membership will continue to run, you’ll need to give us
30 days notice in order for you’ re membership to stop.
- If a homeowner wants to hire a native English speaking tradesman then it is
their own responsibility to mention it in the job description explicitly.
- By connecting your Hire-Workers account with your social media profiles or
email ID, you give us the right to acquire any information such as username and
encrypted access credentials etc. which is available on your social media
profiles. We might also require your information from miscellaneous sources to
add to Hire-Workers account information.
- By accepting the terms and conditions, you give us the right to post your
name on our social media profile or website whenever we announce the winners of
our contests; however, we may not be posting your exact full name to keep your
identity confidential on our own.
- We hereby reserve the right to remove any tradesman or user who does not
comply with certain strict rules bound by law or our own terms without any
notice or explanation.
- We are not responsible for any fraud, injury or death caused by either
- Save as explicitly mentioned herein, all obligations which are to be
incorporated in the terms and conditions by common law, statute or otherwise are
hereby excluded. Therefore, we will not be responsible for any loss, damage
inflicted on any user by law.
- We hold the right to make any changes to the terms and conditions at any
- We reserve the right to remove, edit, or pass on any information given on
our website about our users to legal authorities to satisfy any sort of